Monday, January 16, 2006

Thank you, God, for:

28. Hershey's peanut butter cup ice cream: chocolate ice cream with loads of peanut butter. (And people doubt that there is a God?)

27. Lainee has decided she wants to live in the empty house across the street when she grows up/gets married. She actually go upset a few days ago when she thought someone was moving in! (Just to clarify, I am not thankful she was upset, just that she loves us like a kid should love her parents.)

26. Snuggling with my boy while we played with a fake bug. MmmMMMMMM!

25. Game night with the kids. Passing a balloon around is fun for a kid. But doing it with your entire family is truly exciting for them. I love family time. I love my family!

24. Making things! Oh, how I love to make things!

23. I'm not who I was ten years ago. Wait, I'm not who I was 2 years ago. Go, God!

22. When stinky situations in my life turn into ministry whereby I can offer encouragement to someone else. That happened last week, and I love it that God makes yuck turn into good.

21. Hot (I mean HOT) showers.

20. Seeing Lainee at the beginning of reading. What in the world? Who taught her that?

19. Seeing Bethany's five-tooth grin. She flashes it on purpose and it is so much fun to see her do it!

18. Watching Bethany scoot herself around the house.

17. Snuggling with Bethany on the couch in the middle of the night when she woke up.

16. Bethany falling asleep on my shoulder. It's taken us a long time to get to that point... but she does it now and I LOVE it.

15. I had salmon yesterday for the first time in a long time. So good.

14. I was introduced to mashed cauliflower. See how he provides! He knows I am trying to get my whole family to eat better.

13. My pastor has been at our church for a year! Makes that year and a half we were without one seem so distant...

12. Paul

11. The Flylady! Ahh, I feel much more peaceful in my home, and it hasn't even been two weeks. I love it!

10. Feeling peaceful in my home.

9. Jonathan concocted this cute hat today. Seeing him in it made me smile.

8. Last week, when I tried to get Bethany's portrait done (4 separate times) only to have her scream and cry the minute I sat her in front of the camera. The extra long trip to the mall (without proper provisions) meant I had to give her tiny pieces of chicken nuggets for lunch. Who knew a kid without molars could eat chicken nuggets? Since then, dinner has been so much easier when it comes to preparing her food. Yahooooooo!

7. The coupons for a free kid's meal that the photographer gave each of my kids when we left, sans portraits.

6. Memorizing the Sermon on the Mount with Heather. Good stuff!

5. No major illnesses in my kids so far this winter. (Yes, I hesitated posting this, but it is something I am thankful for.)

4. It was so warm last Thursday (?) I was able to open the windows in the house. In October, in Ohio? Edit 1/18: That's January, not October. Aye, aye, aye.

3. Approval Addiction by Joyce Meyer. Someone sort of hinted that she is a little kooky. I don't know a thing about her, actually. But the book is a refreshing read for someone like me.

2. Thinking about atoms. I so love this. And I love that I love this.

1. A warm house to come home to.

2 comments:

Heather Hansen said...

I LOVE this!

PEZmama said...

Hey, thanks. Not sure how exciting this will be for others to read, but I like it too!