Thursday, April 13, 2006

950. Jonathan came up to me this evening while I was sitting on the floor, leaning against the couch. "Pick your head up," he said. I didn't know what he meant, so I just leaned forward. "Like this?" I asked. "Yes," he said. Then he proceded to put a pillow behind my back. So, I asked him, "is this for me?"

"Yes, mom."

949. Today Bethany tried three or four more times to let go of me while she was standing up. This time she seems to get it that this might be an interesting new trick to try to master. I made a big deal of it, (because I am like that, but also because I knew it would get her to attempt it again.) Every time she tried it, she would let go ever so briefly, then sit back down and clap for herself.

948. The fact that she tries to please me by repeating things that get me excited is a good thing. A sign of attachment. Am I harping? Oh, well.

947. The check-up she had at the doctor today went okay despite her EXTREME dislike of being weighed and measured. I was able to calm her down with grapes, thankfully. And she mostly cooperated with the doctor.

946. Grapes.

945. An epiphany, of sorts, that I had today about Bethany's birth parents. It's a lot to explain, and I might try on my other blog sometime. But suffice to say that I am so thankful for them. And I hope we will instill in Bethany a respect and love for them.

944. Ami watched the two big kids tonight while I took Bethany to the doctor. That room is so much easier to handle with only one child in it!

943. Bible study.

942. The weather today was beautiful.

941. Realizing that I am growing closer to God and feel more willing to trust him.

No comments: