Wednesday, May 17, 2006

1312. Last night the children were a little, shall I say, difficult, at bed time. They would not calm down. This morning when Lainee was eating breakfast she had this to say about it - "I just couldn't keep the giggles in my throat."

She further explained the phenomenon this evening when she said, "I couldn't keep the laughing in. We were filled up with giggles."

1311. My poor broken-armed baby now has a fever on top of her injury. There are two blessings that have resulted... first, she is still fairly chipper.

1310. Second, she is quite snuggly.

1309. The road in front of our house has been resurfaced.

1308. Today I was able to remind myself, BEFORE I lost my cool, that confetti all over every room of the house is really not that big a deal.

1307. The confetti mess was really a good thing because I never go around to my home blessing this week, and I wanted to get at least the vacuuming done.

1306. Painting with Lainee this afternoon.

1305. "Sweeping" the kitchen floor with the canister vac.

1304. Lainee helped vacuum the confetti that the vacuum cleaner wouldn't get. It meant she got to use the canister vac. When she was done, she asked if she could vacuum under the couch cushions (again!) Jonathan helped too.

1303. I cleaned the bathroom floor today. It needed it bad. I feel good when yucky stuff gets cleaned up.

1302. I FINALLY got around to looking at Lainee's butterfly lamp. It was emitting smoke a few months ago, and I thought for sure it was permanently broken. However, when I took the bottom of it off this evening, about 15 hair ties, a Barbie shoe, some hair clips, and a piece of plastic jewelry fell out. It is working just fine now.

No comments: