Thursday, June 22, 2006

1736

1736. Our neighbor girl enthusiastically joined us for VBS on for three nights this week. The kids are performing a song during the service on Sunday and she said her mom just "has to" come on Sunday to see it. I am praying that she does... and her dad too. They don't go to church.

1735. Hearing a kid tell me about his trip to North Carolina. He said that to get to NC, you can go down through the mountains, or you can do what they did and take the route that goes past Europe.

1734. Jonathan's heavy eyes this afternoon as I read him a story. He couldn't stay awake through all of it. But we had to go to VBS, so I didn't want him to get too fast into his sleep. I woke him up, and he promptly moved to the living room floor, where he fell asleep again. I woke him up again, and we left. He didn't sleep on the way to church, but he asked if he could sleep "all the way there" when I got him out of the car. In other words, he wanted me to carry him in so he could sleep on the (long, arduous) trek from the parking lot to the church.

1733. Ms. Vicki gave J the memory game that they'd played at VBS tonight after he had a break down (he was tired, see) because I came to get him before he could play it one more time.

1732. Those ladies who run the kitchen so all the VBS workers can eat... like, a meal if we want to.

1731. April and Larry, who agreed to watch the kids while Paul and I go to a homeschooling conference tomorrow. Oh, did I mention it is all day? Oh, and did I mention that I just asked them tonight? Yeah, big blessing.

1730. I am enjoying some reading and getting excited about some other books I want to tackle when I get done with the ones I'm working on.

1729. Bethany bugged Paul to take her outside for a walk three times tonight. He said she held one of his fingers and they just went a-walkin'.

No comments: