Friday, December 22, 2006

3890

I am behind, which means that I will almost definitely have forgotten many of the blessing that would have come to mind quickly had I been posting them each day. So, I am sure I will forget some, but here they are:

3890. Clearance, good coupons, and a great price or two on Paul's Christmas gifts.

3889. Over the past few days, I have been hearing Lainee singing Christmas carols. She has the tune, but she sings a bunch of verses all jumbled up - whatever part she can remember, I guess. It is cute.

3888. Brenda has got me thinking.

3887. That tooth of Jonathan's that turned gray has lightened up considerably.

3886. And twice this week I have unexpectedly found something hard in my mouth as I chewed my food. Neither time did I break a tooth, though it could have happened very easily.

3885. My Sunday school teacher does not have an aneurysm on her heart.

3884. Today, we had nothing planned. We just hung around together. I like peaceful evenings at home with the family, especially this time of the year.

3883. Playing blocks with the kids.

3882. And the whole family singing Christmas carols together as we built towers on the living room floor.

3881. Last night the girls from Witt came over for our annual Christmas get-together. Good times catching up with everyone.

3880. I laughed harder than I have in a long time. Something to do with a pogo stick. I just screamed and rolled around on the floor at the ridiculousness of it all. I am serious about the screaming and rolling.

3879. Sandy brought us all her traditional gift... a tube of chapstick.

3878. Shelby gave everyone a very cute ornament.

3877. And a variety of desserts were shared.

3876. Helen slept over. So fun.

3875. And she gave me a bunch of tips for Lainee's schooling.

3874. The event was possible, thanks to Paul, who took the kids to his parents' house for a sleep over. (Him included.)

3873. So Helen and I stayed up until like, three in the morning. I got up with her to see her off, but then I went back to bed. And I woke up when the family came home at noon.

3872. With McDonald's in hand.

3871. And let's not forget that on Thursday morning, I rolled out of bed late, while Paul got up with the kids and gave them breakfast.

3870. Then he vacuumed the whole house.

3869. And tidied the kitchen.

3868. Then I left for two hours to finish my Christmas shopping, and he took the kids to visit the neighbors.

3867. I am still in my pajamas.

3866. But I did not let this stop me from going outside to join our neighbors in looking at the HUGE rainbow that was arched right over the top of our house.

3865. Wednesday was Paul's first day home for break.

3864. I went do get the grocery shopping done during the day, but without the kids!

3863. And Paul took the kids to the park (the PARK!) while I was getting dinner ready and finishing up a few things around the house.

3862. The beautiful weather the last few days.

3861. On Wednesday night, our whole family left church together, which doesn't happen most of the time.

3860. We went to get ice cream together.

3859. And Bethany got to laughing about something, and it was really cute.

3858. We even had some theological discussions with Lainee as we ate.

3857. Took the kids to story time, where they made this cute craft with green icing, an ice cream cone, and a bunch of srinkles. It was supposed to look like a Christmas tree.

3856. Went to scrapbooking with the girls on Monday night.

3855. Libby offered to watch the kids the following night when I told her that we were having problems finding a sitter.

3854. Ami's husband made some really good toffee, of which I ate way too much.

3853. And we ate the extra potato soup from our meal co-op that we couldn't fit into containers for people to take home.

3852. And Paul willingly watched the kids without any complaint so that I could have a night out.

3851. I finished the scrapbook I was making as an exchange gift for Paul's staff party.

3850. We went to the staff party on Tuesday night, and ate some great food.

3849. And Paul and I got to hang out together for a while, which was nice.

3848. I also met some of the people that he talks so much about when he comes home.

3847. And we got to play pool.

3846. One blessing of playing pool while people you don't know are watching you (as you do very badly) is that you learn to get over your insecurities. Fast.

3845. When we came back to get the kids, we found that they'd had a great time, and that Libby and her husband actaully enjoyed the evening caring for our kids along with their three.

3844. Starting a crazy quilt with all the scraps of fabric I have collected. I see progress fast, and I like that.

No comments: