Tuesday, December 26, 2006

3947

3947. Finished another book yesterday.

3946. I started a new book today, which is nice, because I just wanted to. Not because I "had" to.

3945. I spent the entire day yesterday in my pajamas.

3944. Ham sandwiches made from the leftover ham. Did I say that yesterday?

3943. Milk for $1.78/gallon.

3942. Got some stuff returned to the stores today.

3941. Bought one slipcover for the loveseat and ordered one for the couch to match. At first I was bummed that I had to order one (the store was out of them) but it meant that I was able to use my 20% off coupon on BOTH items, instead of just one. WoooHooo! So we got two slipcovers for the low, low, discount price of, well, it came to under $90. Which really is a low, low, discount price, given that one at regular price often costs more than $90. And, you know, it's a lot cheaper than buying new furniture, so I'll take it.

3940. While I was trying to order the slip cover, the kids were running around the store getting a little out of control. I sat them down so I could give the clerk my information without having to go running after them. Paul returned at just the right time. They were getting a little antsy. He took them with him to another store.

3939. Remembering to get ink for the printer in enough time to get over to the office store before they closed.

3938. Eating out with my family.

3937. Driving in the van and hearing Jonathan say, "Mom, do you know what we just passed by? It's a restaurant that only sells DESSERTS!" (It was Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins. Oh yes indeed.)

3936. Lainee spelled "pie" today. I have explained the long vowel/silent "e" concept to her briefly. I wasn't trying to teach it to her, I was just pointing something out. Today, as she tried to spell "pie" I asked her what letter made the "I" sound. She said "I." Then I asked her how the "I" would know to make the long I sound instead of the short I sound. "Silent E" she said, without a moment's hesitation, adding the "e" onto the end of the word. I am impressed.

3935. I showed Bethany how to give hugs tonight. She kept practicing on me for a few minutes like she was excited that she had this new talent.

3934. My sister's Christmas gifts for the kids arrived today. Good books abound.

3933. Reading the book But Not the Hippopotomus with Jonathan. He thought it was hilarious. And the looks on his face. Priceless.

No comments: