Saturday, February 04, 2006

I didn't post for yesterday yet, so here are twenty (plus one bonus) blessings God has given me in the last two days:

238. I got to eat chocolate peanut butter ice cream today.

237. The camp out in the living room on Thursday night in which Jonathan was delighted to let me share a blanket with him, and kept smiling at me when I opened my eyes to see if he was asleep.

236. Having a really bad dream that I think reflected some of my unspoken fears... and then waking to realize that it isn't reality.

235. Got Bethany's readoption forms in the mail today.

234. Jonathan's excitement over the dinosaur napkins and plates that I bought for his birthday party.

233. Those carts at Meijer that have a little two-seat bench attached to the front. How much easier it is to shop with the kids when we have one of those.

232. Despite the pain in her ear that kept her up Thursday night, Lainee does not have an ear infection.

231. Going out all by myself tonight for some much needed "me" time.

230. Coffee, a book (see #224,) a blueberry muffin, and the time to sit and enjoy them.

229. A chiken philly.

228. I bought new material for a quilt that I am so excited about, I can hardly stand it. I have told myself I need to finish one particular one before I start a new one, so it will be a little while. But having the fabric is motivation to get the other one done. People, I LOVE to make stuff.

227. Being able to say "no" without feeling guilty.

226. Learning to make decisions that are best for our family without worrying about what other people will think or putting irrational expectations on myself.

225. Spending $10 (or less) on my kids' birthday presents and not feeling like it "should" be more.

224. God's Politics by Jim Wallis. It is putting a lot of my jumbled and incoherent thoughts into words.

223. Lainee thinks it is hilarious to read the sentence "The fat cat sat on the bat."

222. I had the kids on Friday night while Paul was away. The yuckiest part, putting them all to bed, went just fine.

221. I managed to get all three kids' bathed.

220. And gave them haircuts too.

219. Jonathan fell asleep in my bed last night. When I finally went to sleep, I just watched him, all peaceful and cozy, and then I snuggled him until I fell asleep. (And moved him at 3 am when he started getting restless and talking in his sleep!)

218. Paul took a personal day on Friday and spent half of it w/ the family. We went to the children's museum and the kids had a blast.

No comments: