Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Okay. Today it may be really hard for me to come up with ten. I am trying:

Thank you, God, for:

207. Mrs. Q from down the street called today just to see how we were doing. She hadn't seen or heard from us in a while and wanted to make sure we were all okay.

206. I put two pony tails in Bethany's hair. It was so cute. I love pony tails on little girls. (Do two pony tails count as two blessings? Hmmm....)

205. I had a tea party with Lainee today.

204. I did some extra cleaning that I'd been putting off, thanks to Jonathan, who dumped OJ all over Bethany while she was in her high chair. So, Bethany got a bath, the floor got mopped, and the high chair got a complete and total cleaning - and none of that was slated to happen today. But it sure is nice that they're done.

203. A not-so-hot morning didn't turn into a not-so-hot day.

202. We have some great neighbors. The "check engine" light came on in the van last night, just in case I didn't know that the funny noise it was making was something to be concerned about. So we had to drop the van off at the repair shop, but all three of the kids' carseats don't fit in the Civic. So, the Q's took the kids on a half hour's notice while we dropped off the van. And the O's took Lainee to church tonight, since we could only fit B and J in the Civic.

201. Getting to hang out with my husband, alone. Before we returned home from dropping off the van, we stopped at Arby's and sat in the parking lot eating sandwiches and chatting. I asked him if it counted as a date. He said, no. Me? I'll take whatever I can get.

200. The mechanic at the repair shop was very nice. It's the first time we have taken one of our cars there. Definitely a nice first impression.

199. The hand lotion I bought for my purse smells better on my hands than it does in the tube. Maybe that's minor... cut me some slack, eh? It counts.

198. Snuggling with Jonathan at bed time and listening to him sing a song as he made it up. At the end of every line, he turned and kissed me. I told him that I really liked that song, and asked him if he would sing it to me every night. He said he would :)

Well, that wasn't quite as hard as I thought it would be!

No comments: