Saturday, May 06, 2006

1197. We went out for "breakfast" this morning. The whole family. At this little coffee shop downtown. It was a nice change of pace. The kids enjoyed it.

1196. And I really enjoyed my apple turnover.

1195. And, there was this meeting this morning for Sunday school teachers at church. I wasn't thinking I'd go b/c I wasn't sure if they had child care AND I thought our breakfast would make me late. (We haven't been able to do much as a family lately, so, sorry, but the breakfast thing won out... hands down.) Anyway, I drove over to church thinking I would only be about 2 or 3 minutes late. No one was there. So I kinda scratched my head, and as I was leaving, I saw someone pull in. I turned back and found out that I was actually a half hour early. Go figure.

1194. The pastor and his wife watched the kids for me... I was the only one with kids... while I sat in the meeting.

1193. And it was nice to have the kids cared for until 11:30. Because then it is lunch time and soon after that it is nap time. So, my day without Paul was really pretty easy.

1192. And I got to nap too.

1191. After naps, the kids got all into the vacuum again, and now all the junk has been cleaned up from under the couch cushions.

1190. And Lainee wanted to vacuum her room SO BAD, that she actually started cleaning it! I can't even believe how much she likes this vacuum.

1189. Paul got paid (unexpectedly) a small amount for working at the meet today, so we all went out for dinner.

1188. My irises blooming. My favorites!

1187. Lainee asked to me this morning, in fact, "Mom, have you seen the irises?"

1186. She also asked me this evening if I would point out a field where we have been seeing some interesting birds, adding, "I'd be interested in seeing that."

1185. Last night - Bobby Brown on the radio (in the van no less. Can't you just picture it? A mom transporting three kids in carseats, pumping her head up and down to "It takes two." All I needed was some of those obnoxiously loud speakers.) Does God mind me putting that on my blessings list? I got an idea that I want to share. You don't like it? So what, I don't care!

1184. We saw baby geese again tonight. Only this time the kids got to see them too. There were a whole bunch of them, but Jonathan couldn't see them because he couldn't turn around in his carseat. He kept saying, "I can't see them!" But we were stopped at a light and one of them waddled up where he could see. "I see one! He's really small!" Jonathan yelled. I don't know why, but I felt SO glad that he was able to see it.

No comments: