Friday, May 05, 2006

1183. I got me some Oreck. Sweet.

1182. Jonathan played with my hair while we snuggled tonight.

1181. Lainee forgives me when I do stupid (read: mean) things.

1180. Found 4 pairs of shorts and a pair of khakis for Jonathan at the second hand store. The poor boy has 16 million pairs of blue pants... almost all of which are cords, and one pair of shorts.

1179. And it took all of 15 minutes to find that stuff, find a pair of shorts for Lainee, pay, and leave.

1178. Took the kids with me to buy the vacuum today. Then to the second hand store. Then to the mall to find a slip for Lainee (which, by the way, no one sells for kids her age.) We ate dinner at the mall too. The kids were GOLDEN! Perfect, I tell you!

1177. Last night I went out and found two pairs of shorts, a shirt, and a nice blouse for myself at Good Will.

1176. Then I went to do some study for the talk I am giving next weekend. It was so nice to be in the Word.

1175. And, I don't know if I have already listed this scripture, but it blessed me again last night, after I searched and searched for it.

Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear: Forget your people and your father's house. The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. - Psalm 45:10-11

I just sat there, amazed, staring at this scripture. Reading it over and over again.

1174. Bethany did not wake up at some ungodly hour this morning.

1173. Most of my floors are vacuumed. But this includes my bedroom, which hasn't been vacuumed in, um.... aaahhh... I have no earthly idea. (And there is STILL NO PILE in front of my closet even after all this time, which makes vacuuming so much easier.)

1172. The cobwebs on the ceilings are gone.

1171. The junk that collects in the crevice at the bottom of the baseboards is gone.

1170. And the air intake register on the ceiling, that has been covered in DUST for years - I am not kidding - is now dust free.

1169. And I did all of this in a half hour without squatting, bending, or reaching more than a foot in front of me.

1168. The kids think that the canister vacuum with the shoulder strap is cooler than Antarctica. I can just see all the help I am going to get with the cleaning in the next few weeks. (I am not kidding: Lainee kept coming in every twenty minutes or so, leaving her playmate outside on our front lawn, so that she could strap on the canister vac and do some vacuuming.)

1167. We had a play date today with some friends from church.

1166. I think Bethany is trying to say "Lainee." It sounds like "La La" (like it sounds in "laugh.")

1165. I got a letter from my new pen pal today. Thanks Shalee!

1164. The nasturtium I planted have sprouted.

1163. I got a new pair of flip flops.

1162. A cool, clear night.

1161. I made a breakfast casserole for the first time yesterday. I should not do this kind of experimenting when I am making the dish to take to a gathering (Bible study.) But, it came out great.

1160. I found the case that has been missing from a DVD that we borrowed from the library.

1159. I got everything done that was on my list to do this week.

1158. My husband is home. I just heard the car door. I was starting to get a little worried, since it is almost 11 pm. Some of these track meets take far too long, if you ask me.

1157. Making homemade brownies with Lainee.

1156. The kids helped me make the muffins for Bible study. They enjoyed it. I liked letting them be a part of what I was doing.

1155. Bethany likes to put the dirty clothes in the washing machine or any general task where she knows that she is helping. It makes her smile when I tell her she is a good helper.

1154. Sbarro pizza. I forget that I like it until I have it again.

No comments: