Wednesday, May 10, 2006

1237. I found Jonathan's snuggle bunny. Now if only I could find Bethany's other snuggler....

1236. Dusting with my new canister vacuum.

1235. Klondike bars.

1234. Got to sit with my husband tonight at church. I don't get to do that too many times on Wednesday nights.

1233. That rash Bethany had went away.

1232. Rain. I love rain.

1231. Taking a nap in with the window open while it is raining outside.

1230. Hearing Jonathan say "how d'bout..."

1229. Bethany is getting so much more relational. She plays games with you and likes to laugh.

1228. And she looks at my eyes more than ever before.

1227. Being able to hang out at church after returning some books to the church library, and having the secretary do a puzzle with Lainee while I let Bethany climb on some steps.

1226. I took out all the old stuff from the refrigerator. You know, the bottle of spray butter that expired sometime in '01, the three jars of salsa - each containing about an inch of salsa. A Bunch of moldy stuff. I dread cleaning out the refrigerator. But it is so nice to have room in there again.

1225. Getting a massage from my husband, no strings attached.

1224. Getting the laundry baskets emptied of the folded laundry from the last ??? days.

1223. Washing all the sheets on Tuesday morning and having them back on the beds before leaving for story time.

1222. Chopped salad.

1221. Finishing the outline and power point for my talk.

1220. We found out on Monday that our street is being resurfaced. The kids have enjoyed watching all of the construction vehicles as they do their jobs. We even got a book about trucks from the library. Now, when we see a construction vehicle, they'll say something like "mom, I see a backhoe!" I love that!

1219. Lainee has finally decided to start practicing the following response: "Okay, mom." She did it several times on Monday and seems to be proud of herself. (I am too.)

1218. God recently kept me from opening my mouth when I shouldn't have. Praise him for that - cuz he is the only one capable of shutting me up.

1217. Good time talking with the ladies last night at scrapbooking.

1216. And Ami's help (during her scrapbooking time) so that I could get my power point presentation finished.

1215. My church.

1214. I was looking through some old pictures the other night and I just about melted when I looked at my little Lainee. Seeing them again reminded me that she is my baby, and it softened my heart toward her - it sometimes gets pretty rough.

1213. Seeing Lainee's face light up this morning when I simply told her how beautiful she was and gave her some hugs and smooches.

1212. Some of the cucumber plants have sprouted. And ONE pea plant. Hopefully the tomatoes are not too far behind.

1211. Bethany got up last night and wouldn't go back to sleep. So I took her out on the couch with me. She realized that Lainee was sleeping on the floor in the living room, so she hopped down and laid next to her big sister. Sweet!

1210. Telling the story to Lainee today, was a hoot. Because Bethany was crawling on Lainee at one point. So, Lainee got up and moved over. But apparently, Lainee was asleep the whole time, because she had no recollection of it. When I told her the story, she laughed a good, hearty laugh. I like hearing that laugh.

1209. Lainee said to me on Monday, "Mom, I like the sound of Bethany's laugh." I thought that was sweet. Also sweet is how much she likes to MAKE Bethany laugh.

1208. Clutter reduction continues and I am liking the results.

No comments: