Saturday, May 13, 2006

1267. Urgent Care. Beats the ER any day.

1266. Health insurance.

1265. Children don't always suffer irreparable harm because their parents are clueless.

1264. Speaking at the "All Daughters" banquet today.

1263. The dessert at the "All Daughters" banquet.

1262. Paul is out to fetch me some coffee from McDonald's right now. I have no "regular" in the house, and that is about the only thing that is going to kill this headache of mine.

1261. McDonald's doesn't serve "hot mud" as coffee anymore.

1260. Bethany's smile.

1259. Hearing Jonathan say "she can have that" today when I chided Bethany for sucking on Jonathan's snuggler.

1258. A night out with Ami last night. I needed it. Perspective.

1257. Ami prayed for me before my talk today when I told her I was preoccupied with thoughts of how Bethany was doing with her hurt arm.

1256. Making people laugh.

1255. Elizabeth watching my kids on last minute notice when I couldn't find anyone else to babysit during my talk.

1254. A gift card to Target.

1253. Lainee just could not wait to give me my mother's day gifts. Yesterday she gave me the "stepping stone" imprinted with her hand that she'd made at AWANA. Today, she just HAD to give me the flowers that the kids and Paul bought last night.

1252. A call from one of the girls in our Sunday school class this evening. When she got the e-mail about Bethany going to Urgent Care, she wanted to check in on us.

1251. The kids ALL pretty much fell asleep right away tonight.

1250. Being goofy with kids.

1249. Geraniums.

1248. And impatiens.

1247. Hearing Lainee read books.

1246. Being able to do something that God gifted me to do.

1245. Paul was waiting with Lainee and Jonathan at home tonight for me and Bethany to return from Urgent Care. It just so happened that my FIL decided to call and ask if he could take the kids out for dinner, which he did. Paul got a little time by himself, and I didn't have to cook for anyone.

1244. Ami took care of everything I needed to get my power point slides for today's talk e-mailed to the right person at the church.

1243. I ate good chicken for lunch. For free.

1242. Hugging Lainee and telling her how great she is.

1241. I think Bethany is saying the word "bird."

1240. I was supposed to watch two kids on Monday, and two kids on Tuesday next week. Now that we know Bethany's arm is really broken, we need to go to the orthopaedist, and it needs to be on one of those two days. Since I won't be able to make an appointment until Monday, I called both of the moms and explained that I MIGHT have to schedule an appointment for that day, and I really didn't want to have to back out on them last minute. Both of them were so gracious and understanding.

1239. I am so tired. It is only 10 pm. But it is nice to be tired at bed time... for once!

1238. The after Bible study with all the ladies on Thursday afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you have found the urgent care center to be a convenient alternative to the ER for quality medical care. The Urgent Care Association of America promotes public awareness of the urgent care industry. Through its accreditation program it is working to inspect and certify urgent care centers that conform to its standards.