Wednesday, June 28, 2006

1802

1802. I found the pens I love. I haven't been able to find them in a very long time.

1801. Warm evenings with a cool breeze.

1800. Tucking Lainee into bed under the bedspread that was mine when I was little.

1799. In my old room.

1798. Seeing the "ornaments" that Lainee sent to grandma and grandpa hanging from a lamp in the living room.

1797. Pepsi.

1796. Patti taking J and L into wake up grandma this morning.

1795. Excited children jumping on the bed at the hotel.

1794. Hearing Lainee ask, repeatedly, if she and Krista could sit together at dinner.

1793. Then hearing them as they chatted with each other during dinner.

1792. Lainee's pride over the flowers she and grandma found for the centerpiece on the dinner table.

1791. Hearing Jonathan say "remember that silly store we went to," referring to the trip we took, TODAY, to Stew Leonard's.

1790. Then, on the way home from the store, hearing him say, "we need to tell grandma about this!"

1789. Jonathan's delight when he took grandma's suggestion to hold the bubble wand up to the air conditioner. Bubbles all over the living room.

1788. The gifts that mom had at the ready for the kids. Mostly books.

1787. None of my kids died (or became ill) after I let them eat the Teddy Grahams. The ones that I didn't realize had been on the floor of the pool area at the hotel.

1786. Time to read a book.

1785. Getting to watch a few good shows on TV at the hotel after everyone else went to sleep.

1784. My husband drove the whole way from OH to CT.

1783. Having a mom who is willing to snuggle with a five-year-old (who doesn't want to sleep "in this room") until she falls asleep. It was a long time.

1782. Being able to get through the situation with the van this week without feeling really stressed or angry.

1781. Paul saw Jonathan making his way into the pool without his floaties. I was able to jump in and pull him up fromt the water before anything bad happened.

1780. Carvel ice cream cake.

1779. Watching the kids enjoy all the cheesy animatronic figures at Stew Leonard's.

1778. Seeing my sisters enjoying my children.

1777. Seeing my parents enjoying my children.

1776. The tea party we all had this afternoon.

1775. Finding a bathing suit that fits me at Sears after I'd forgotten to pack mine.

1774. Good times in the pool in PA.

1773. Getting a MUCH needed nap on Tuesday. I felt like a new person after that.

1772. Mom's meatballs.

1771. Patti taking the kids to the park.

1770. Finding the shirt I needed for Jonathan for the family photo.

1769. Bethany warming up to my family quickly.

1768. Seeing Bethany walk. When she decides she wants to, she gets really excited to do it.

1767. Gift bags from Krista for each of the kids.

1766. Coffee. Decaf.

1765. Getting through the rain in PA before even the detours flooded. We could tell as we drove through that it wasn't going to be much longer.

1764. DVD players for cars.

1763. And the friends who let us borrow one.

1762. The few activities that I brought for the kids seemed to keep them fairly occupied in the DVD down time.

1761. Driving at night, even though it wasn't planned, means the kids are asleep. That is nice.

1760. Lainee's card for my birthday.

1759. Paul's gift of bound copies of the first two years of my other blog.

1758. That bread from the Portuguese bakery.

1757. Sandwiches with good deli cheese.

1756. The fact that Bethany is comforted when I snuggle with her.

1755. The guys at the Firestone in Hermitage, PA who made it priority to get us on our way as quickly as possible.

1754. A new pair of cute sandals.

1753. Lainee and Jonathan's excitement about coming to CT.

1752. Watching them as they run about grandma and grandpa's house and knowing that I am witnessing memories in the making.

1751. Cable TV.

1750. Bethany ate well today.

1749. Seeing the kids get so into helping grandma set the table and prepare food.

1748. Finding a new pair of jammies for Jonathan, which he really needed, at Penney's for 60% off.

1747. Then getting my sister's employee discount on top of that.

1 comment:

Shalee said...

1781... That certainly was a huge blessing! So glad he is all right.