Tuesday, July 04, 2006

1884

1884. Aunt Claire

1883. Aunt Connie

1882. Uncle Tony (and watching him play with Jonathan.)

1881. Melissa

1880. Stephen

1879. Kate

1878. Jack

1877. Jill

1876. Paul

1875. Lisa

1874. Vinnie

1873. Time with my extended family.

1872. Lainee getting to swim.

1871. Introducing everyone to Jonathan and Bethany, whom many had never met.

1870. Getting a picture with all (but one) of my cousins on my mom's side (along with their spouse/significant other and children.)

1869. After saying bedtime prayers last night, Jonathan and I were discussing the fireworks show he'd just been to. He explained that he lost his sippy cup under the van and started to get upset about the whole incident all over again. When I asked him if someone got the cup for him, he said, "yes." So I told him that was something to thank God for. Immediately, he said, "Mom, can we pray again?" I gave the obvious "of course" answer. He closed his eyes and said, "Dear God, thank you for this day. And thank you that someone got my sippy cup for me. Amen."

1868. About five minutes before the fireworks were to start, they sent up two small ones to let the crowd know it would be starting soon. Jonathan thought that was the entire show. But Lainee was in the bathroom at the time, so he got upset, thinking that Lainee had missed it. Not a blessing that my son was upset, but that he immediately thought of someone else and how upset she'd be if she'd missed it.

1867. Cheesecake.

1866. Gifts from my cousin for each of my kids. Very sweet.

1865. Kids who sleep in the car.

1864. I got a break from a very clingy Bethany for an extended period today. Thank goodness. I needed it.

1863. Mom remembering to bring the frozen blueberries that Bethany always eats.

1862. Some time off last night while Paul, my dad, and Patti took the kids to the fireworks.

1861. And, Bethany was great for them the whole time they were gone.

No comments: