Friday, July 07, 2006

1914

1914. Sitting on the "wall" outside the Sheetz gas station last night, eating dessert with Jonathan and Bethany, who got hers all over herself.

1913. Last night at dinner, we ordered the fish for Bethany, and Lainee ordered a peanut butter sandwich. When the meals were served, Bethany wanted nothing to do with the fish, and Lainee suddenly didn't want the sandwich. Thankfully, Bethany loved the sandwich, and Lainee was happy to eat the fish.

1912. Arriving safely in CT. I forgot to put that on my list. Duh!

1911. Yesterday we drove 423 miles in 8 hours, without major kid troubles.

1910. We had a gift card for Shell with us on the trip. It came in handy when we had to take that detour around the flooding... the only gas station at the exit where we had to get off was, you guessed it, a Shell.

1909. Jonathan sweetly offered to fix the curtain for Lainee yesterday when she complained of the sun being in her eyes.

1908. Getting an appointment for Lainee without having to alter our departure plans too dramatically.

1907. The doctor was SO nice. He even got Lainee to giggle.

1906. And when I called back today to get the results of her strep test, he answered the phone. He remembered us and asked me how Lainee was doing.

1905. Mom and Dad packed up with a serious snack stash for our trip home.

1904. And before we left, Dad made eggs, sausage, and pancakes for brunch.

1903. I didn't clean anything for a week and a half. I probably should have done more at my parents' house. But I was a slacker. (Maybe being a slacker shouldn't be considered a blessing?!)

1902. I didn't cook anything for a week and a half either.

1901. Patti graciously put up with two restless sleepers in her room for all that time too.

1900. And my parents gave up their bed for me and Paul to sleep in.

1899. Recent conversation with Lainee:
Me: (Looking at Lainee and wondering where my little baby went) How did you get so big?
Lainee: BIRTHDAYS!

1898. Playing with Bethany and Jonathan on the bed at the hotel and listening to them giggle.

1897. Watching B try to immitate J.

1896. The Q's, who picked up our mail and watered our plants.

1895. The Smiths. Nice visit with them tonight.

1894. The rabbits we all saw on the lawn at the hotel. All three of the kids got so excited about it.

1893. Kids who nap while we are driving.

1892. Tears for Fears.

1891. The chocolate mousse tortes my sisters bought to share with us after the kids went to bed.

1890. Artichokes.

1889. When we got home, Lainee went straight to the back yard. She came to me all excited because some of the sugar snap peas had grown. Three. Each kid picked (and ate) one.

1888. Seeing Bethany and Jonathan hug each other this evening.

1887. I finished another book last week. Now I am back on track for reading one book a month.

1886. We arrived home from CT safely.

1885. And I get to sleep in my own bed tonight.

No comments: