Friday, July 14, 2006

1989

1989. I totally forgot that I saw a rainbow while I was in CT.

1988. Introspection before the Lord.

1987. Learning to talk with God while reading Scripture.

1986. Vacuumed the living room and the family room.

1985. Time by myself while Paul took the older kids swimming and Bethany napped.

1984. Mulling things over... in God's presence.

1983. I get to meet Boomama, Addie, Robin, and Theresa. All last minute, but I am very excited.

1982. I get to travel by myself and take my time about it.

1981. Everyday Mommy has been quite gracious to me, of late. She is letting me pick her brain. Enjoying her thoughts.

1980. I don't have to cook dinner tonight. Paul just called and asked if I wanted to bring the kids to the VBS picnic at the church his dad pastors. Well, I was just wondering what to make for dinner, so, um, YEAH!

1979. And the added bonus is that we get to hang out with the family too.

1978. Bethany actually seemed to enjoy her bath last night. First one in a while where she hasn't screamed through the whole thing, clinging to me, and begging to get out.

1977. Jonathan did a sweet thing today. He pulled up an extra chair at the table when we were trying to fit another person in.

1976. I napped.

1975. The ice cream man.

1974. I made chocolate chip cookies with Paul the other night after the kids went to bed.

1973. Paul was totally cool with the idea of me going to Birmingham, even though it is last minute. He almost acted like it was a no-brainer that I would go. He knew how much it meant to me.

1972. My sink is clear.

1971. My laundry is caught up.

1970. As part of the long range planning team at church, I am helping to compile the results of a recent survey. The results have me thinking about some things and are giving me a perspective that I think I haven't had before.

1969. Paul giving me some perspective and a helpful reminder when I got a little miffed at someone.

1968. Being reminded that I really do need God. I get into these funks where I think I can just be "smart" and everything will be fine. Then I get reminded that I am not to be trusted, and I know I need to submit my ways to God.

1967. I figured out the cell phone that I got for emergencies. Now, hopefully, I will remember to keep it charged and I will not accidentally dial 911 or have it ring in the middle of church or something.

1966. Chocolate ice cream that is HARD!

1965. My pen pal.

1964. I got the oil changed on the car.

1963. And the tires rotated. (We were about 2500 miles overdue for both!!!)

1962. And Bethany was fairly manageable for the two hours we had to wait for those things to get done.

1961. Lainee staged a birthday party for her baby doll yesterday. Complete with a batch of brownies that she baked and a candle.

1960. Jigsaw puzzles.

1959. I found my sunglasses.

1958. Bethany: sucking on one corner of her snuggler, while placing another corner up her right nostril. For whatever reason, she finds this comforting. I just think it is cute.

1957. Rain.

1956. Having Mary Lou to laugh and chat with while we worked on some survey stuff in the church office.

1955. A big bottle of cold water for 50 cents at the Dollar Store.

1954. New hair clips.

1953. Single subject notebooks for 8 cents at Meijer.

1952. And two reward certificates to redeem on my last trip there.

1951. Not using paper towels isn't really as inconvenient as I thought it would be.

No comments: