Saturday, July 22, 2006

2040

2040. Being reminded to sing to God in Sunday school last week.

2039. Driving through Kentucky and looking at the most beautiful, bright green trees against a perfectly blue sky.

2038. Then singing to God about how good he is to me.

2037. And laughing at myself because it was SO BAD... and enjoying my God, who didn't care. Freedom from perfectionism before God is very refreshing.

2036. Getting two hugs and kisses from my husband in the church parking lot before leaving on my trip. He seemed sad, saying he was going to miss me. It's nice to be missed, but somehow it is even nicer to be missed before you are even gone.

2035. A safe ride to Alabama.

2034. Feeling tired before I stopped for dinner, but feeling completely energized after I was done and for the rest of the drive.

2033. My husband, telling me to take my time when I returned home. Saying, "everything here is fine."

2032. Then coming home to a clean house and three kids sleeping so sweetly!

2031. Playing tag in the front yard with my whole family today.

2030. Camping out in the living room with Paul, Lainee, and Jonathan.

2029. Boomama

2028. Addie

2027. Robin

2026. Theresa

2025. Laughing. HARD!

2024. Getting to know people IRL that I have become endeared to in the blogosphere.

2023. Those girls let me talk out my ear and didn't get offended by the stuff I was spewing.

2022. And Boomama, who seemed to know when to speak and when to be quiet, said something very simple that really, REALLY spoke to me.

2021. Riding around on an air-conditioned bus and getting a tour of Savannah.

2020. Eating at a famous restaurant.

2019. Collard Greens.

2018. Fried green tomatoes.

2017. Free cookie samples.

2016. God giving me a love for some folks that might not make sense to other people, but totally makes sense in Him.

2015. Swimming in a pool without having to worry about my kids drowning or having to "watch this" every 30 seconds.

2014. A great nap.

2013. Staying up late, talking with "the girls." It happened on Tuesday night in Savannah, and again last night with the scrapbooking ladies.

2012. And even though I'd been gone most of the week, my husband acted like it was no big deal for me to leave again last night.

2011. Ami.

2010. Elisabeth.

2009. Deana.

2008. Libby.

2007. Getting a good meal and great conversation with them before Elisabeth moves to Virginia.

2006. A friend is getting ready to bring her son home from Guatemala.

2005. Watching the history channel late at night alone in a hotel room.

2004. My whole family woke up this morning. Everyone is here. Everyone is healthy.

2003. And speaking of healthy, Paul came down with some sort of flu on Monday, while I was away. But, by Tuesday he was "doing great" and it blessed my heart to hear him say that.

2002. And he even found a way to get out in the mornings for his run.

2001. Bethany ate some meat at dinner last night. This may seem minor, but it sure made me feel better!

2000. Telling people the story about how we came to the decision to adopt Bethany. I could tell that story a million times and not get tired of it.

1999. Bethany is saying several words now, and apparently even started saying "grandpa" while I was gone.

1998. Wrestling in the living room with the whole family today.

1997. Being goofy with Lainee. I don't do that enough, but she LOVES it when I do.

1996. Talking with L and J about how we will start doing school next month. I am getting excited.

1995. I found two more books I want to read.

1994. I got the "circle book" from the girls in the mail recently. Reading the latest from everyone is so fun.

1993. I got a letter from Shalee too!

1992. She is an encourager if ever there was one. Me gusta encouragement.

1991. I got a cell phone for the trip and it worked out great.

1990. I got home safely from my trip too!

No comments: