Thursday, August 10, 2006

2271

Great dinner last night. Super steak on the grill (2248.) Kids ate seconds of veggies (2249), meat (2250), barley (2251.) We sat on the back porch (2252.) It even rained while we were out there. It was cool (2253.) And there weren't a lot of flies (2254.)

Lainee's school books arrived the other day and I started looking through them. Then I panicked because I couldn't find the teacher's edition that tells what lessons correspond from each book. I started thinking that I hadn't ordered it, and scolding myself with you were being so careful to look for everything you needed, how could you possibly forget to order that! THEN I had the presence of mind to check the packing slip and realized that I DID order the book, they just didn't send it yet (2255.)

I am actually getting more excited about homeschooling (2256.)

A cucumber has been harvested from the garden (2257.) Our first cucumber EVER! I made a cucumber/tomato salad that we like a whole lot (2258) with a tomato that we were given (2259) from our neighbor's garden.

And my in-laws sent corn (2260,) cucumbers (2261,) tomatoes (2262,) and onions (2263) home with Paul from their garden.

For the last two days, the Fly-Lady missions that she has us going on have been EXACTLY the thing I have thought I needed to do the night before (2264.)

Went out on some errands here in town with the kids this morning. I like doing that because it gives us something to DO (other than sitting in the house and watching TV) (2265) and it gets stuff done too (2266.)

Hooks for the kids' towels in their room (2267.)

Lainee has been missing my mother. I think that is sweet (2268.)

Squash casserole (2269.) And my neighbor giving me most of the ingredients for it (2270.)

Toilets that work (2271.)

No comments: