Saturday, August 19, 2006

2361

2361. A great message at church on Sunday morning.

2360. And evening.

2359. The feeling I got kissing my family goodbye last night.

2358. Sitting with them at Frisch's, eating dinner, and having a good time.

2357. Being told by some older folks that our children are well-behaved.

2356. Watching the kids get SO EXCITED when Mrs. Q walks past.

2355. And seeing them as they run to her with hugs at the ready.

2354. Remembering my sister's birthday.

2353. Going out to do some errands and taking Lainee with me. Chatting with her in the car. Hearing her say, "I like spending time with you."

2352. She counted backward today just by me asking "what is one less than..." after each number. She did it a lot faster than I thought she'd be able to, like she didn't even need to think about it.

2351. How excited can one 5-year-old get about making a construction paper chain that stretches across the family room? Very. She gets one new link every time she reads a new book on her own.

2350. The girl is so excited for school that she VOLUNTARILY started cleaning out her desk (which has been overflowing with clutter for several months.)

2349. The fact that she took the initiative to throw some things out (some of the same things she was crying about NEEDING a few weeks ago) tells me that she is getting better at letting go of some of the junk.

2348. And the kids' room is still clean.

2347. Several great ideas from friends that we can look into as we think about a project for the family room.

2346. Lainee read two books to me today.

2345. Going to my in-laws' house yesterday and having dinner.

2344. Seeing Bethany get all excited about going in the pool.

2343. My FIL wanting to watch Jonathan give hugs and kisses to Paul.

2342. Got a bunch of our "China" scrapbook done last night. It's almost finished.

2341. Wendy's for dinner tonight.

2340. And nothing spilled.

2339. A long nap today.

2338. Oh, my, taco night was a hit.

2337. Paul took Bethany with him to the post office today. This was helpful since I was dealing with two other children having tantrums at the time.

2336. IMing with Marcy today, even though it was cut short by (another) tantrum.

2335. Paul got in a good bit of work this summer, which has given the bank account a needed boost.

2334. And earned him another social security credit, which he was hoping for.

2333. Hearing about friends coming to clearer discernment about where God may be taking them in the next few years.

2332. Hearing the same friend repeatedly mention that the possibility of adopting keeps entering her mind.

2331. Lainee wanted to make a book the other day. We each made one for each other. Mine was all about her and how much I loved her. She liked reading it.

2330. Got to go to a get-together with my future Sunday school class. Nice conversation and a break from the kids. (And dessert too.)

2329. Friendly's just opened a new restaurant by the mall. I like Friendly's. And I like that mocha chip ice cream cone I got there on Monday night too.

2328. And I like that my husband reads my blessings list, even though right now he is probably thinking, "she didn't bring any ice cream back for ME!"

2327. Scrapbooking time with the girls this week.

2326. Mozilla Firefox.

2325. Writing letters to people.

2324. And having enough stamps to send out as many as I want, thanks to Paul's post office visit.

2323. I taught Bethany how to say "Oh, yeah!" and pump her arm. It sounds like she says, "yeah, yeah," but it is really cute.

2322. I found a cool craft idea that is USEFUL (my new requirement) in the Family Fun magazine. Lainee will love it.

2321. My children are healthy.

2320. Paul is healthy.

2319. I am healthy.

2318. Our family got to hang out with Jeff, Helen, and Kyla for a picnic dinner at the arboretum.

2317. Painting with the kids.

2316. Ink comes off of skin. Eventually, anyway.

2315. My back-ordered teacher's edition book was delivered this week.

2314. Oh, the excitement of one simple wall calendar. It's the classroom kind. The kids got to put the numbers on it. SUCH AMAZING FUN!

2313. And the words that I hung up all around the family room and kitchen (such as: wall, window, oven, table, etc...) well, that could not have been any cooler! Lainee exclaimed, "can I find them ALL?" When I told her she could, she ran into the living room to get Jonathan saying, "Jonathan, come see what mom did. Come see!" My word, the excitement was just too much.

2312. Bethany will do whatever Jonathan does. It's sweet.

2311. And she is getting better at enduring hugs from Lainee.

2310. Ordering photos online. So. Easy.

2309. Spanish rice.

2308. My husband made me French toast on Tuesday morning.

2307. Colby-Jack cheese.

2306. I finally got those pictures of our CT trip mailed out to my family (again, thanks to Paul's trip to the post office.)

2305. A BUNCH of morning glories all blooming on the fence in the front yard.

2304. I learned that two ladies at church are expecting. Both have the same due date.

2303. My BF from high school just had her first baby this past week.

2302. I like our house. I am really thankful for it.

2301. Laughing out loud at this post by Boomama.

No comments: