Sunday, September 17, 2006

2736

2736. We sang "The Wheels on the Bus" the other day at story time. I had Bethany on my lap, and she really enjoyed it as I made her hands do all the motions. It was the first time I can think of that she's heard that song. Later that day, it just happened to come on while the kids were watching Barney. She ran to get me, all excited, because she recognized it. Now, it is a sure winner to entertain her. I especially like to watch her when she does the verse about the mommies who go "sh, sh, sh."

2735. Bethany likes to try to jump. I like watching that.

2734. One of the ladies in the nursery taught Bethany to hold up her finger when asked "how old are you?" It's cute.

2733. Watching Lainee as she "read" us a Bible story this evening. It was the familiar passage from Timothy chapter 2 where God was on the road to Nazareth with his disciples, Paul, James and John.

2732. A brisk walk every night for the last 5 nights.

2731. Not craving sugar as much.

Hmmm, you think those last two are related?

2730. Andrea happily agreed watch the kids for me this week when I leave for West Virginia.

2729. My kids love Andrea.

2728. And she and Chris sang a beautiful song this morning. Good stuff, those two together...

2727. Being invited to Melissa's favor-making party on Monday. (I can't go, but I am flattered that she asked.)

2726. My boy, happily explaining the poster that illustrated his Sunday school lesson. (He used the word "scroll.")

2725. Lainee, it seems, is quite the slugger. Paul has been teaching her to hit a ball, and she can hit it pretty well.

2724. Time alone to talk with God while I am out walking.

2723. Getting to pray with someone at church today.

2722. Reading and enjoying A Separate Peace again.

2721. Remembering to write things on my calendar.

2720. Getting two bags of clothes/shoes for Bethany from a friend at church today.

2719. Getting the major portion of this week's lesson plans done yesterday.

2718. Omelettes.

2717. A good nap.

No comments: