Friday, September 15, 2006

2716

2716. Found a slew of stuff for Jonathan at the second-hand store. He really needed some warmer clothes.

2715. As I was driving to the store, I was making mental notes about what I needed to get for him. I thought to myself "he only has two pairs of pants that fit him." Then I thought about how blessed we are. He has two pairs of pants that fit him. And we were on our way to buy some more!

2714. Also a HUGE blessing, was that both Lainee and Jonathan found costumes for Halloween at the store. As we walked in the store, I told the kids that I'd buy them a costume if they found one they liked. Jonathan said, "I want Batman." I told him there might not be a Batman costume, but we'd look. Wouldn't you know that we found a Batman costume complete with cap and bat-mask in JUST HIS SIZE! Yahoo, God! That boy was so excited!

2713. We went out to the arboretum again tonight. Frog watching has become a big thing in our family. Tonight, Paul actually caught one! The kids were SO excited. But they screamed when they tried to touch it because it tried to jump out of Paul's hand... and almost made it!

2712. Tonight on my walk I could smell a wood fire burning somewhere. I love that smell wafting through cool fall air.

2711. I got a call today from a friend who was concerned that she'd said something that upset me. She didn't, but I still thought it was sweet.

2710. Bethany gave me the biggest, longest hug tonight.

2709. The kids were wiped out tonight and went to bed pretty quickly.

2708. Lainee read a book today.

2707. We planted bean seeds today so we can study plant development. The kids love to plant stuff.

2706. We also enjoyed tomato & cucumber salad this evening. It's one of our favorites, but this time it was better because the main ingredients came from our garden. (It took this long to get a tomato ripe enough at the same time that a cucumber was also ready.) It was very tasty.

2705. The neighbor kids have each been able to harvest a cucumber from our plants.

No comments: