Saturday, November 18, 2006

3525

Paul took Lainee out for their first date tonight (3509.) This left me with Jonathan and Bethany for the evening. I had promised Jonathan earlier in the day that we would get some butterscotch candies this evening. None of my kids have ever eaten butterscotch before, but Lainee decided to try. She really liked it, so Jonathan wanted one too. Unfortunately there was only one in the Halloween stash, and Lainee got it. Hence the promise.

While we were out tonight, we also had to buy a present for a party that the kids will be attending tomorrow. (I am thankful that I didn't miss it (3510) because I'd totally forgotten about it until Wednesday, when I actually thought I'd missed it.) Anyway, Bethany, Jonathan, and I went looking for a gift. While we were in the store, Jonathan reminded me that we needed to stop somewhere for butterscotch candy. Noted. I found a nice gift for a good price at Half Priced Books (3511.)

We also stopped at the second-hand store to see if I could find a winter coat for Lainee.

After that, we went to the mall for dinner. Then I stopped quickly to get some ice cream for the ride home. When I returned to the car, I gave the kids their ice cream and told them we were heading home. "But MOM," Jonathan said, "what about Clara's gift?" Apparently he didn't realize that I'd actually bought one, so I told him it was sitting in the front seat. "But what about Lainee's coat?" he asked. I explained that I didn't find one I liked, so I never bought one.

Nothing more was said. We went home.

As I pulled into the driveway, I remembered. We never stopped for butterscotch. Jonathan never said a word. He worried about Clara's present and Lainee's coat, but didn't think about the butterscotch I'd promised him (3512.)

I apologized for forgetting. He sweetly accepted my apology, and sincerely believes me that we'll get some tomorrow - after all, I promised him... again! (3513.)

When I got the kids out of the car, I almost fell over laughing at Bethany, who was COVERED with her Reese's cup sundae from Friendlies. ALL. OVER. HER. FACE. On her coat. In her coat. Down her shirt. There was a time this would have upset me. Tonight, I laughed (3514.)

So I gave the two younger ones a bath (3515.) I don't know why clean kids is such a blessing to me. It just really makes me feel good to know they are all clean!

Later, I told Paul all about what we did this evening. He told me that his sister was bringing winter coats to our Thanksgiving get-together that her kids had outgrown (3516.) So, I guess it is a good thing that I didn't buy one (3517.)

At bed time, Jonathan wanted to sing from one of his song books instead of read a story. All five of us were sitting on Lainee's bed singing "Jesus Loves the Little Children," "Kum ba yah," "This Light of Mine," and others. We all had a great time doing that (3518.)

After the kids were in bed, I planned for the next two weeks of school (3519.) This means I don't have to worry about it this weekend. Or next weekend either! The plans include some games that I think Lainee will enjoy (3520.)

Lainee earned her first ticket towards her gold fish today (3521.)

The house was trashed today. I got a bunch picked up (3522.)

Lainee was excited when I handed her a brand new shirt to put on for her date with Paul. She had no idea I'd bought it. It was pink. With rhinestones. She was very excited (3523.)

Both Paul and Lainee had a good time on their date (3524.)

And I had a great time with Bethany and Jonathan. They were really good (3525.)

No comments: