Thursday, December 14, 2006

3801

3801. Cold oranges.

3800. Getting some crafting time in last night.

3799. Making freezer meals with the girls tonight. I now have eight meals in my freezer that I don't have to cook all by myself.

3798. Spending time with those girls.

3797. Laughing at the police officer who drove up to question us as we left church at 12:15 a.m. loaded down with meatballs and chicken tarragon.

3796. I was able to fit all of the stuff in the freezer. (Well, except for the one we will be eating tomorrow night.)

3795. Being able to pray for people who are going through things that I went through.

3794. Health insurance.

3793. Lainee earned enough tickets to get a fish bowl.

3792. Hearing her read.

3791. Jonathan is funny. As I was putting on his shoes one day this week, he looked at me, and, out of the blue he said, "Mom, when you gotta go, you gotta GO!" as he waved his index finger to emphasize the "GO!"

3790. Having friends over to make chocolate covered pretzels.

3789. They brought some pretzels too. This was good because I didn't have enough.

3788. Melissa came over to say hello at church on Sunday morning.

3787. Getting an e-mail from Andrea.

3786. Our Sunday school get-together for Tuesday night was cancelled. So we got to spend a nice evening at home with the kids.

3785. And the cookies that I was supposed to bring for the exchange are now being used for something else. (Since I can't go the the party at the time it was rescheduled. This means less baking for me!)

3784. Easy fudge.

3783. There was a really polite guy at the drive thru window at Tim Horton's on Sunday night.

3782. Uh, and another one on Wednesday night too.

3781. We got to go do some bird-watching at the metro park on Wednesday, and the kids learned a little about cardinals.

3780. They sang a song about cardinals. I watched the kids singing. Jonathan picks up songs so quickly, he just sang right along.

3779. And we saw a bunch of blue jays.

3778. And woodpeckers too.

3777. I finished Bethany's Christmas stocking. Yay!

3776. Bethany seemed to understand that it was hers. She also seemed very excited about it. We hung all of our stockings on the wall and she would point to different ones expecting me to state the name of the person it belonged to. Whenever she pointed to hers she would say "my!"

3775. When we were at the library on Tuesday, I just happened to look up and see a book about creative activities to do with kids. I have been thinking that I need to do better with that kind of stuff, and there was that book sitting right there. I checked it out.

3774. Chapter 7 of Blue Like Jazz. All the chapters are good, but this one was particularly good because I could relate to it.

3773. I needed some new bras. There were some nice ones on sale this week AND I got 15% off by using my credit card.

3772. I have this can opener that make me crazy. I finally bought a new one, and I love it. I am honestly thankful that I can open a can easily instead of having to wrestle with it.

3771. You know what? I am not at all bothered by the fact that I don't have our Christmas cards started. I think it will be a New Year's card, and I like that better for sake of my own sanity.

3770. Wednesday I was scheduled to do nursery at church, but I'd forgotten. It just so happens that I walked right by the room I was supposed to be in, and I noticed my nursery partner in that room. I knew right away that I was supposed to be in there with her, so I just walked right in. I wasn't even late or anything.

3769. Jonathan was so excited to wear his bumble bee hat to church so he could "sting" pastor Larry.

3768. While he was sitting through a short meeting with me, Jonathan was very concerned that he was missing his Cubbies class (AWANA.) I love that he likes it so much.

3767. He is also showing more interest in learning his letters.

3766. On Monday night, Paul got me a little treat that he left in the car for me. He knew I'd be taking the car to go shopping. It was a Hershey's with almonds. I like that he thought of me.

3765. I also like that I didn't eat any of it until I'd had some dinner. Even then, I only at half. It feels good to display a little self control.

3764. I found several things that I still needed to get for Christmas while I was out that night.

3763. I remembered to put new batteries in Bethany's musical crib toy. This seems to have helped with her crying at nap/bed times.

3762. The World Vision gift catalog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I read/hear of the things for which others are thankful, I'm reminded of the many ways in which I am blessed, too. (Of course, I'm thankful for my grandchildren even when they're [singly or collectively] driving my own child crazy.) But I'm amazed at the number of ingestibles that you count as blessings. You have had an "Azzara" appetite since birth.