Saturday, December 16, 2006

3815

3815. Dear, sweet Bethany let me sleep until 8:00 this morning.

3814. Pigtails on little girls.

3813. Getting in the car after the kids and Paul had already loaded into it. I opened the door to hear chants (from all four of them) of "momMY, momMY, momMY!"

3812. And getting the chants going again for Paul when we picked him up after a quick run into a store.

3811. We bought a Christmas tree tonight. (We chanted about that too, oddly enough, but the kids were so into the chanting!)

3810. My friend Shelby.

3809. A much needed nap today after three nights in a row of staying up WAY too late.

3808. Got a batch of cookies done without too much hassle tonight after the kids went to bed.

3807. Z0l0ft.

3806. Had a meal all ready from last night's meal "co-op" that I just popped in the oven. Easy as that. It was good, too!

3805. The animal noises that Bethany makes when we read Clifford's Animal Sounds (almost every night before bed... and before naps too.)

3804. I have heard back from people who thanked me for my post about depression. It is nice when God sends some affirmation that yes, indeed, sharing about what I went through can encourage someone else.

3803. This afternoon, Mrs. Q. from down the street called to say, "It's a nice day out today and I am getting ready to go for a walk. Do you mind if I take the kids with me?" Of course I didn't mind. And they love Mrs. Q.

3802. Then she showed up and said that she would take them back to her house before returning so that they could see the Christmas tree. About 20 or 25 minutes later, she called to say that they were playing and coloring and that she'd bring them back after a while. So, I sat down with my cup of tea and a book. I got through a whole chapter and they still weren't back. So I closed my eyes and drifted off for a while. I don't know how long I slept, but it was surely a nice break!

No comments: