Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Lots of blogger outages and me trying to get to bed earlier have made it difficult to post in the last few days. But, here are at least 30 blessings from today and the last two.

279. God's grace.

278. The wedding of Super Man and the Queen. I was the Queen. (Hair styled by Lainee) and Jonathan was Super Man. I don't know why my kids like acting out weddings so much, but it is cute. I felt honored that Jonathan didn't balk at the idea of marrying me.

277. Three-in-one dishwasher tablets.

276. I remembered to take the meat out of the freezer for tomorrow's dinner. And I did it LAST NIGHT.... (who IS this person living in my body?)

275. A killer sale on pop the week we needed to buy it for Jonathan's party.

274. Bethany eats tuna fish. How easy to make myself some tuna for lunch and share it with her. No left overs. Everyone is happy.

273. A nap.

272. I found Bethany's other snuggler!!! YAY!

271. Watching Bethany during the puppet show at story time was a hoot. There was music in the background the whole time. So, while her eyes were fixed on the puppets, she was swaying back and forth through the whole thing. She just loves music. She sways whenever she hears a catchy tune.

270. Lainee actually answered a question the librarian asked during the story. The fact that she answered it aloud is a pretty big deal. She is always shy around groups of people she doesn't know. But Mr. H, the librarian, also said "Yes, that's right, Lainee" which I think will make her a little more likely to participate again in the future.

269. Bethany didn't fall asleep in the car tonight after church. She is so easy to put down to bed, but I still don't like it when she naps right before bed.

268. I was getting ready for bed the other night and I realized I forgot to take my medicine. I came back out to the kitchen only to see that I'd left a candle burning. Good thing I came back out!

267. A bag of hand-me-downs for Bethany from one of the ladies at church.

266. "Softing" Jonathan's back.

265. I really like my mattress.

264. Jonathan's relative cluelessness that his birthday is coming up. He is still too young to be giving me lists of things he wants for his birthday or counting down the days. He is just happy about dinosaur plates and napkins.

263. On our last visit to their house, Lainee told Mr. and Mrs. Q that Jonathan's birthday was coming up. Jonathan just loves them so much that he invited them to the party right then and there. I love it that he hasn't gotten to the place where he doesn't want to be around elderly folks. (And I hope he never does.)

262. When we got home, the kids were explaining to Paul about how Jonathan invited the Qs to the party. Lainee said "Mrs. Q said they just might come. And I think they will because they love us a lot!" They do love my kids. And they are a blessing to our family.

261. One of my old college roomies and her husband just brought home their first child from China.

260. The peace that comes into my day when I start it by reading the Word. And how God uses it to remind me to pray through the circumstances that push me to the edge.

259. Discipline enough to get up before the kids do so I can read my Bible.

258. Getting to bed early.

257. Cabbage.

256. Bethany is a good eater. Why it makes a mom feel so good when her kid eats a good meal, I will never know. But it does. And she is.

255. Teaching Lainee to read. She gets so excited. I love watching it and I am so proud of her.

254. Tom Horton's chocolate Danish.

253. Hanging out with my whole family at Tim Horton's. Looking at everyone sitting around the table and thinking I love my family!!!

252. Playing the "who loves..." game with the family. We all say something like "who loves Daddy?" Then everybody raises their hand.

251. The kids were so excited about the Valentine's cards they made for their dad that they gave them to him as soon as he got home.

250. My best friend from high school is pregnant with her first baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Who just adopted from China? If you don't want to say on here, please drop me an email and let me know! Linda