Thursday, March 16, 2006

640. Sleep.

639. Sometimes I read a new blog just to see what people are saying... especially if it's a blog that I keep finding on others' blogrolls. But tonight while I was reading, I was impressed with how God offers freedom from slavery to pettiness and self concern. I'm not saying that I always partake of that freedom, but I was just reminded of it tonight and what a blessing it has been when I do.

638. Genesis 11:4 taking on new meaning for me. Beginning to see that some of the things I do are more about "making a name for myself" than about submitting to God.

637. Three loads of laundry done today. I like how easy it has seemed lately, to keep "processing" the laundry. It makes getting the four of us dressed each day so much easier.

636. God is teaching me about the things that keep me from fully knowing him and experiencing what he has for me. In the process, he is helping me to see that He has given me worth. I often don't believe that is true of me.

635. Story time at the hometown library was nice.

634. I really REALLY liked dinner tonight. I was the only one who felt this way. But boy was it tasty.

633. God is with me all the time. Does this blow anyone else's mind?

632. I really needed that nap I took today.

631. The spiritual conversation that always seems to occur on scrapbooking nights amazes me. And blesses me too.

630. "But now, this is what the LORD says - 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.' " (Isaiah 43:1,2)

629. "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3

628. Christ "satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's" Psalm 103:4 (Come, Lord, renew my youth! Renew! RENEW!)

627. "Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare." Isaiah 55:2

No comments: