Thursday, March 16, 2006

654. Bethany is so cute when she plays in the bath. She has started to put her open mouth under the running water. Then she pulls her head away really fast and she smiles.

653. Oh my gosh, I have been home for two hours and I just noticed that my husband picked up all the kids' junk off the kitchen floor and swept it. And this would've been AFTER the childish thing I did, but before I apologized for it (see #641.)

652. I have been SO needing to mop the floor, and thinking how convenient it would be to do it before bed. But I never do it because I can't manage to ever get all the kids' stuff off the floor! I am mopping, baby!

651. Uh, yikes. Being excited about mopping is DEFINITELY a blessing!

650. Little Bethy-boo, as I like to call her, is making like she just might figure out the crawling thing. I'll keep you posted. Which is to say, I'll post it here, even though "you" don't really read this.

649. Two little helper kids when we left for Bible study this morning. Lainee ASKED if she could carry my Bible and study book for me. Jonathan was happy to carry the diaper bag.

648. New underwear.

647. Those little sausage rolls that Jill made for Bible study this morning were tasty, tasty, tasty.

646. I called the Social Security Office today and spoke to a supervisor. He basically apologized, but said that really the only thing left to do was wait for Bethany's card. I am glad that I don't have to wonder if there is anything else to do, and I don't have to make any more calls or trips either.

645. Today God used my "story" about when Paul lost his job as a means of encouraging some other women whose husbands have been locked out at work.

644. Today while I was in bed trying to squeeze in a little cat nap, Lainee came in whispering "Mom! I brought this in case you needed it." It was the cup of tea that I'd left in the kitchen.

643. A few minutes later, Lainee AND Jonathan came in with half of a peanut butter sandwich and a piece of string cheese on a cookie sheet. "We have a surprise," they announced. They made lunch for me.

642. And a few minutes after that Lainee came back in with a glass of water for me. "In case you want some," she said. So, I didn't get much of a nap, but can I really complain?

(642a. To top it all off, I was on Paul's side of the bed when they came in. So whatever crumbs I left behind from my sandwich won't be sneaking up MY shirt tonight!)

641. I do extremely childish things sometimes. Tonight was one of those occasions. After doing so, my husband helped me make a salad for tomorrow, then gave me a massage. The man is either a lunatic or just extremely kind.

1 comment:

Addie said...

No wonder you have found so much to be thankful for....your family is awesome!!!

I get thankful for new underwear and new socks too!