Saturday, March 18, 2006

675. Cafe Istanbul with my husband. Sigara borek, lentil soup, ezme, and (for me) chicken adana kebab. All very yummy. This was all followed by a FREE serving of baklava, placed on our table by our server with an apology that we had to wait so long for our dinners. We'd hardly noticed. We were talking without interruption. Who would have complained about that?

674. John and Mary Lou, who watched our rambunctious children while we went out. John is too funny, the way he plays with them and gets them all riled up... and he is so patient to take their blood pressure with that wrist cuff they have - over, and over, and over again - as if every time they do it, it is just as interesting to him as the last.

673. After eating out, Paul took me to Barnes and Noble to buy me a CD... with HIS birthday money!

672. The kitchen floor. And how much it reminds me that things like kitchen floors really don't matter.

671. A long nap this afternoon.

670. NCAA basketball tournament. I don't know why I enjoy watching the games, but I always do. Anybody remember when people said "Gonzaga, what in the world is Gonzaga?" Just a matter of time before they win the whole thing, don't you think?(UCONN was the "Cinderella" team back when I was in high school, and look where they are now.)

669. Paul and Lainee cleaned up the garage today. Maybe now we can start putting the van in there again!

668. Dreaming about the future.

667. Flowers are popping out of the ground in front of the house. Spring is coming!

666. After I wrote out all of the invitations for Lainee's birthday party, I thought, I probably should have made the party an hour earlier. Why didn't I do that? Then I got word that I have a church committee meeting on that same morning, and I wouldn't have been able to do both if I'd scheduled the party any earlier. God worked that out, didn't he?

No comments: