Saturday, March 04, 2006

There is a reason I should be doing this every day. I can't remember what I did two days ago, let along what God did. I need to write things down when they happen or it is lost... sad but true.

But, I let the busyness of life get me out of my routine, and now I have missed six days straight. Which means 60 blessings will have to be recalled. I don't know if I can do that, but here's my attempt.

522. Snuggling with my baby when she woke up in the middle of the night.

521. The symptoms my MIL was having that looked like a stroke turned out to be Bell's palsy... much less serious.

520. My husband going out at some crazy hour of the night to get me a McFlurry at McDonald's. (No, I am not pregnant.)

519. Watching Lainee share her Kix with Bethany without being prompted.

518. Twice in the last three days, Lainee decided she wanted to do "homework."

517. Taking the kids out for a walk this week right before nap time.

516. Hearing Jonathan say "Ta-DAAAA!" (Sometimes, for absolutely no reason...)

515. Seeing Jonathan run around the house as fast as his feet will take him.

514. My warm coat. It is so warm. I love it.

513. A short nap today.

512. Orange juice, with pulp.

511. A dozen eggs for 50 cents.

510. Bethany walked the length of a room holding onto a little walker toy on Wednesday. This is a big deal for her. She has always been too afraid to attempt something like that.

509. When laying on the floor, Bethany can now get herself into a sitting position. Yay! YAY! YAY!!!

508. Finding out from a friend that we DON'T have to readopt Bethany, we only have to register the adoption. Which is cheaper and requires less paper work. Yahoo!

507. Lainee decided she wanted to take a shower tonight. Uh, no argument here.

506. Taking the kids to pick out cups and plates to celebrate their dad's birthday. Funny what they came up with.

505. Two working cars.

504. I found that recipe for black bean salad pretty quickly... and I didn't really have any idea where to start looking for it.

503. Health.

502. Hearing Jonathan sing songs that he makes up.

501. Listening to Lainee make up songs and sing them out, unabashedly. (Is that the word I want... meaning, she isn't at all embarassed that her songs don't always make sense or have a great tune.)

500. Teaching.

499. A whole bunch of photos ready to go into scrapbooks.

498. Cherry coke.

497. A husband who doesn't use "lack of finances" as a reason not to have kids.

496. Lainee makes cards for everyone. I delivered one to our pastor on Wednesday night. He seemed flattered that she thought of him.

495. Ladies who faithfully pray for me.

494. Paul has a job.

493. Beth Moore.

492. Starting a new Bible study (Beth Moore's Breaking Free)

491. With Ami

490. And Libby.

489. It's March. To me, winter is over... even if it snows again.

488. And we made it through the winter without a single fever.

487. or vomiting episode.

486. or diarrhea. (I didn't think this was possible.)

485. And Bethany is, so far, the healthiest of any of us.

484. Crochet.

483. Getting the CD that "someone" jammed in the new computer unstuck.

482. Being reminded that even "those" people who SEEM perfect, aren't.

481. Getting a call from Shannon asking if we wanted to do dinner with her while our husbands did Bible study at my house.

480. Hanging out at Mel's afterward

479. With other kids that my kids love to play with.

478. Washing machine.

477. Leftovers.

476. Going out to a young couples' gathering at church tonight. Nice meal, good fellowship.

475. Playing Scrabble.

474. Youth volunteering to do child care at couples' night.

473. And the chocolate sauce Shannon made for the ice cream.

472. Little boys who where dress pants and "wedding" shoes with striped tees.

471. Laying on the floor during story time and having Jonathan recline with his head on my hips like it was the most natural thing in the world for him to do.

470. And an unsolicited kiss.

469. Bethany likes to pat her hands on her head b/c she knows I will start singing the song I made up just for that occasion called "put your hands on your head."

468. Bethany's snuggling seems to getting more frequent and more relaxed.

467. And her eye-contact too.

466. Walking with Bethany on Wednesday night.

465. Getting some snuggles from her on the walk.

464. Our conversation game on the way home.

463. We got our family portrait back. It is sweet. I just love to look at it and look at how beautiful my family is.

No comments: