Friday, April 21, 2006

1024. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, htere is freedom. (2 Cor 3:17)

1023. In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength (Is 30:15a)

1022. Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! (Is 30:18)

1021. "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, " and will bring you back form captivity." (Jer 29:12-14a)

1020. While Bethany took her nap yesterday, the kids and I introduced Paul to the bee game. I was laughing (hard) because I was having so much fun. That hasn't happened in a while. It felt good.

1019. Being animated when I tell a story. And when the story makes people laugh.

1018. This post by Amanda over at Far More than Rubies.

1017. Hanging out with Helen on Wednesday evening for coffee and catch up.

1016. Helen's news about her job.

1015. Helen's news about the upcoming adoption, that has looked like it was never going to happen, but suddenly looks like it might happen NEXT MONTH!

1014. I got back two containers of Lainee's old clothes that I'd let Helen's daughter borrow. Now they are the right size to fit Bethany. So today I went through a bunch of them and, I know it's cheesy, but seeing those clothes (some of them long forgotten) made me remember those days when Lainee was just a baby. mmmmm MM! Too much.

1013. Going to the track meet with the kids tonight.

1012. Watching Paul teach Jonathan and Lainee use the starting blocks.

1011. Watching Jonathan and Lainee actually try to run from the starting blocks. Coach has a lot of work to do with them... but it sure was funny.

1010. Lainee staying behind with Paul while he finished up and I took the other two home. We aren't great at including our kids in the "stuff" we do. I am convinced we need to do it more. So, I was glad when this happened tonight. I want our kids to know that we want to be with them, even when we aren't doing some fun kid activity.

1009. The other night on the radio I heard "Shout" by Tears for Fears.

1008. Split pea soup with ham.

1007. No conflicting engagements on the date that MOPS is having a scrapbooking night next month.

1006. Figuring out a craft to do for Lainee yesterday, on the fly, thanks to the book "Family Fun Boredom Busters."

1005. And it was a craft that actually didn't ADD to the clutter around here.

1004. Somebody was encouraged by this here blog. (Check out the comment on the previous post.)

Peace out.

No comments: