Tuesday, April 25, 2006

1080. After staying up with Bethany from 2:20 am until 5:10 am this morning, I was able to get a nap in this afternoon. (Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with her. She just would not go back to sleep. Would. not. sleep.)

1079. Hot showers. I mean HOT.

1078. Grapes, strawberries, and some cheese for lunch.

1077. Getting the cabinet in the laundry area cleaned out so that I can now close it without having to shove the contents of the cabinet with the door. It makes me feel good now when I open it up and it is clean inside.

1076. Getting Bethany's room picked up. It was trashed.

1075. Cleaning the dusty wreath that was supposed to be in the bathroom but has been sitting on top of the laundry cabinet for... how long? (Hat tip to the Fly Lady for the idea of just putting the thing in the shower to get it clean. Who'd a thunk?)

1074. I got my last newletter article done. It was at 12:30 this morning, but it is done.

1073. Paul's track meet was postponed due to weather. He was home tonight.

1072. So we all took a walk together. And Jonathan wanted to gallop like a horse - and he wanted me to join him. I noticed that I always galloped with my right foot forward. In light of my weirdness, I tried to gallop with my left foot forward and realized that, for some odd reason, it was REALLY hard. I told Paul that I must look silly trying it that way. He told me that actually, I looked silly either way. Seriously, people, this is not a comment I would have laughed at a few months ago. It surprised me how hard I laughed at myself.

1071. Papers for obtaining Bethany's foreign-born birth certificate came today. How hard will I laugh if we are able to get that and then file for her social security card (again) before the first application gets processed. (Yes, we are still waiting.)

Okay, so that last one didn't sound like a blessing, did it. So, here's a bonus blessing - the great internets and their ideas and encouragement about raising kids.

No comments: