Thursday, April 27, 2006

1101. Bethany's social security card HAS ARRIVED! (Let's hear it, y'all - yaHOOO!)

1100. Today while J and B napped, L was across the street at the neighbor's house and I was able to complete my Bible study lesson, uninterrupted.

1099. Tonight in the van we drove past two geese walking along the side of the road with two BABY geese. So, so, so, SOOOO cute. So cute.

1098. Breaking Free is kicking my tail end in an encouraging and exciting kind of way. How is this possible... only with God.

1097. Jonathan got a "ya-yo" (AKA, yo-yo) at the store tonight and promptly broke it just before going to bed. I felt so bad for him. But he didn't. He just said we could get something else some other time. Then, he threw out the broken ya-yo without a second thought. I love this about him. Not one to get upset about such things.

1096. And then there was the episode we had this afternoon, in which Lainee went outside, saw that Jonathan was playing with something of hers, and immediately confiscated it. He followed her in the house, crying. When they came to me, I told Lainee, "you weren't playing with it until you saw that he had it. You need to share your toys." I was thinking, along the lines of give it back to him and leave him alone. But Lainee turned to Jonathan and said, "hey, why don't we go outside and take turns with it." This angered me, on behalf of Jonathan, who, in my "fairness" mode of thinking, shouldn't have had to share something she took from him. But, Jonathan, being - well - Jonathan, immediately perked up and said "Okay!" And off they went to play.

That boy often reminds me of how I operate in selfishness mode!

1095. 8 hours of sleep last night. Straight. No interruptions.

1094. Bethany was in such a good mood this evening. I love seeing my kids happy.

1093. Crock pots.

1092. I often write foods on this list that I have had during the day and really enjoyed. But, really, not having to worry about getting enough food for myself or my family is a huge blessing.

1091. My husband mows the lawn. Always. In my entire married life, I have not mowed the lawn once.

No comments: