Friday, June 02, 2006

1500

1500. Last night I got the chance to rock my son to sleep. I didn't quite wait till he was all the way asleep, but I rocked him. And it was fun to snuggle him while he wanted to be snuggled.

1499. I left the house tonight to run an errand and decided to nix it when I felt how cool and beautiful it was outside. I did some brisk walking for about 40 minutes, and it felt good.

1498. It's a good thing I went out, though, because the overhead light was on in the car and I was able to shut it off before it ran down the battery.

1497. As I was walking, I had a sense of my surroundings that I cannot really describe. I felt totally at home, yet strangely out of place. I didn't do too much thinking about it. I just enjoyed feeling the way I felt.

1496. I passed by some guy as he told his friend that he thought he was going to be sick. So, one blessing is that I have not been sick in a long time.

1495. And another blessing is that, unlike those grade school days, I have figured out how to not feel sick to my stomach when running or power walking.

1494. I have legs that can take me where I want to go.

1493. I live in a great neighborhood where I can feel safe walking by myself at night.

1492. Paul came home early today.

1491. And track season is over. It isn't like I am overjoyed about that. I just like having him around more often.

1490. We managed to get the kids in bed a little earlier tonight. Hoping that becomes a regular thing.

1489. Everyone ate the dinner I made this evening without much complaint.

1488. Bethany and I played this game in which I would ask her if I could take a nap. She would nod "yes." Then I would point my finger and tell her not to wake me up. She'd point back. Then I'd tell her she better not wake me up and I'd say "Okay?" She'd nod yes. Then I'd pretend to fall asleep and start snoring. She'd wake me up, I'd make a big fuss, she'd laugh and laugh. (The we would do the whole thing again.)

1487. At night when we pray, Bethany has started to put her hands together like she is praying too.

1486. And I think she is trying to say "woof" when we ask her what a dog says.

1485. She scooted off the patio today and onto the grass so she could reach into the kiddie pool and use a bowl to dump water all over herself. She had a great time with that. I was glad to see that she is starting to move herself where she wants to go when she wants to be entertained.

No comments: