Sunday, June 18, 2006

1693

1693. This blog has apparently inspired another. I think that is cool, because all the glory goes to God.

1692. Great chicken salad sandwiches for the VBS workers tonight.

1691. I have been learning about how much God actually enjoys me. It is blowing my mind to think that I am a delight to him. But I am. And I like that.

1690. AND, although I have "known" it in my head, I am just now starting to get it in my heart that God responds mercifully to those who fear him. He isn't going to belittle me or make me feel guilty about my junk. That is so amazing. And encouraging.

1689. My children are absolutely beautiful. I was looking at them last night at dinner and I just could not get over how special they are, each in a different way. Glad I get to be their mom.

1688. Bethany took two steps last night, repeatedly, but only two at a time. Today, she took five or six at a time. I think the kid is walking, folks.

1687. The woman at VBS who saved the last corner piece of the brownies for me because she knows those are my favorite.

1686. Being okay with missing some of the church service this morning when Bethany needed me in the nursery. Knowing that I am the one who can calm her. Getting to rock her and play with her hair while she laid on my shoulder. It's good stuff, y'all.

1685. Lunch at the in-laws' house today.

1684. Getting to give things to people who need them.

1683. Helping out at the MOPS sale yesterday. Having something useful to do that is also out of the ordinary is a nice thing, to me.

1682. Getting the logistics worked out for getting tables from our church, to the MOPS sale, and back again.

1681. Lyn and Jennifer, who helped me load and unload those tables.

1680. And not having to unload the tables when they went back to church, because my husband and Jake did it for me.

1679. Finding a pair of jammies from last year that still fit Jonathan. He needed some jammies, bad.

1678. A morning of going "garage sale-ing" is cheap entertainment for kids 5 and under.

1677. Finding a 25 cent toy that the boy REALLY wanted, as a reward for using the toilet.

1676. A really, really good baked potato. With butter and sour cream.

1675. Cindy took Lainee home from VBS tonight so we could drop off the van for service and return in the car (that won't fit all of the kids' carseats.)

1674. A box full of kindergarten "stuff" from a friend who used to teach.

1673. Walking the first graders through their craft tonight, and listening to them tell me whatever was on their mind after they got finished.

1672. The people who prepared for and are now teaching my kids at VBS.

1671. My "manual labor wounds" are healing nicely.

1670. Lainee is becoming much more sensitive to Bethany and is making more of an effort to be kind and helpful to her.

1669.Every night at bedtime, Bethany leans in for her goodnight hugs and kisses from L and J.

No comments: