Monday, October 09, 2006

3012

3012. Got the vacuuming done this morning.

3011. Got out early enough to finish grocery shopping before lunch.

3010. And the kids were pretty good at the store.

3009. Lean ground beef on sale.

3008. Beautiful weather.

3007. Doing Lainee's lesson out on the back porch.

3006. Getting a better feel for the things Lainee really needs to work on and the things we can skip.

3005. And a new way to review her word family words made that part of the lesson much more bearable today.

3004. We are celebrating Bethany's "gotcha day" today. She's been in our family for a whole year!

3003. Jonathan joining us for Lainee's lesson as we talked about how dictionaries work.

3002. The kids did most of the cake making for our celebration tonight.

3001. Dishwasher emptied.

3000. Old junk emptied out of the refrigerator.

2999. Waffles on sale. (We love waffles around here.)

2998. Using the aisle numbers with Lainee in the grocery store to help reinforce some of the numbers she's struggling with.

2997. Lunchables on sale. Lainee has been asking for them every time she is in the store with me. I was happy to finally get her one. The kids ate theirs on the way home from the grocery store.

2996. Now, this one is huge, and I am certain I will not have the words to adequately express it, but here goes. A friend of mine is going through something that is potentially devastating for her family. A group of us have been praying, fervently, for a few weeks now. My friend has just called me to tell me of the joy God is bringing through that situation and how the peace that has found its way into her home is nothing short of miraculous. God answers prayers, y'all. And it is his joy to bless and heal his children. I LOVE IT! Praise you, Jesus.

2995. Lately, I have felt happy. Down to the core of my being, I have felt happy. This, too, is huge. Kinda makes me want to do a little happy dance for the Lord.

2994. I got the front porch swept and it makes me feel good to see it clean. The kids even dumped a huge box of toys on it, and that's okay. All the dirt and leaves are gone and that is what matters.

No comments: