Tuesday, December 05, 2006

3701

3701. My best friend, Helen, just got news (after 2 1/2 years of waiting) that she and her husband will be able to adopt two brothers from Ethiopia.

3700. Being on Helen's list of people with whom she shares the big stuff.

3699. Progress on the quilt by members of my Sunday school class.

3698. The mud stains all over Lainee's coat (that is on loan from my sister-in-law) all came out.

3697. Shout.

3696. That South Beach Diet cereal. I don't remember what it's called, but I sure like it.

3695. Getting a ham cooked, chopped up, and frozen for future use.

3694. Went to a metro park today with the kids where we learned all about deer. Kids had a blast.

3693. And Bethany did NOT fall asleep on the 1/2 hour ride home, thereby messing up her nap schedule for the afternoon.

3692. Jonathan picks up on stuff. Sometimes I wonder about him, but he picks up on stuff.

3691. And he dances too. Oh, my has he been dancing, lately. So. Funny.

3690. Bethany HELD COURT tonight with all of us. She had us all laughing. Including herself. The girl knew she was funny and she milked it for all it was worth.

3689. Lainee read four books yesterday. She even figured out a few words with blends.

3688. And she earned another ticket.

3687. But she lost the one she earned last week. Thank goodness, she found it this morning.

3686. Ice cream run with the family tonight.

3685. Then driving around to look at all of the lights in a few different neighborhoods.

3684. The children's choir at church had their Christmas performance on Sunday. Lainee was too cute in her donkey costume.

3683. And Jonathan behaved, even though he didn't want to see the show, but had to sit with me anyway because there was no child care provided for his age.

3682. And I almost cried at the part where one girl stepped up the the mic and sang a short solo. This after I'd just spent the night before with her parents and they were telling us how dreadfully shy she is, and what a huge milestone this performance was for her.

3681. Coffee.

3680. Fuji apples with Colby cheese.

3679. If I am out with Paul and the car/van needs gas, and it is really cold out, Paul always pumps it.

3678. A warm house.

3677. This here computer.

3676. Getting the last few weeks of homeschooling planned (up to Christmas break.)

3675. Reading books with Lainee this week and learning about ants, insects, and bugs.

3674. Reading joke books to the kids. I don't know what is funnier, the jokes, or the kids acting like they get them when they don't.

3673. The scanner, which enables me to make card sets and games from my teacher's edition for Lainee's lessons.

3672. I love green tea.

No comments: