Wednesday, December 06, 2006

3715

3715. The Holy Spirit convicts. This is a very good thing. Otherwise, I'd be off all "me, me, MEE-ing" until I became a danger to everyone around me.

3714. My husband.

3713. The beef with mushrooms recipe on page 84 of the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook. Served over mashed cauliflower. Fav. O. Rite.

3712. The coffee I drank managed to quickly do away with the head-ached I had been dealing with for most of the afternoon.

3711. I put Blue Like Jazz on hold at the library and it came in today. I was very excited to finally start reading it. I got even more excited after reading the first 37 pages. I KNOW! 37 pages! I TOLD you. I'm excited...

3710. Fleshing out my philosophy of homeschooling with Lainee, which is, "learn to read, read to learn." The "read to learn" part is just starting to come together, but I am liking how it's working out, so far.

3709. Being reminded of how fun it is to learn.

3708. Lainee walked by me this evening on the way to her room. She just gave me a kiss and kept on going. I like that.

3707. Doing Tae-Bo without feeling like I have to puke when it is over. Feeling like I have to puke means I forgot to hold my stomach muscles in, like I'm supposed to. So NOT feeling like I have to puke is a good thing. In more ways than one.

3706. Jonathan's excitement over the snowman ornament he made at AWANA tonight.

3705. Bethany has started saying (a version of) "I don't know." Sometimes when she says it she holds both of her hands out, palms up.

3704. Jonathan napping in the sled on the living room floor.

3703. My sister-in-law, thinking ahead to the holidays, purchased a gift quite some time ago for a hard-to-buy-for family member for Christmas. She bought it thinking that if she didn't draw his name in the gift exchange, her mom would buy it from her to give to him. Well, my mother-in-law (who is pretty good at finding gifts that people will like) didn't need the gift. This worked out well for me because I was the one who drew this person's name. And my SIL offered to let me use it. SWEET!

3702. When I asked the kids to pick out some toys to give away to make room for the upcoming Christmas onslaught, Lainee volunteered one of my least favorite toys - a talking Strawberry Shortcake doll. Then, when I suggested a second toy (one that is large and loud,) she quickly agreed to that too. Woo HOOOO!

No comments: