Thursday, December 07, 2006

3729

3729. Found: the other white mitten. (Under the couch cushion. Where else?)

3728. Seeing Bethany all bundled up and wearing boots too big for her. She waddled around the yard and did a face plant whenever she couldn't lift her foot over a stick or something. She wasn't hurt. It was very cute.

3727. Got a batch of cookies done - with the kids - this afternoon.

3726. Shopped for most of the items we need for the rest of our kids' thank you gifts for their teachers.

3725. Bethany let me cut her hair this evening while she was in the tub. This time it was a little trim to the bangs, but really I was wanting to angle down the sides. It looks a lot better now. (If I do say so myself.)

3724. I remembered where I put that book about the butterfly life cycle in time to use it for Lainee's lesson today. We had already talked about the ant's life cycle. It was nice to hold the ant book next to the butterfly book so she could start to see that all insects go through the same stages of development. (And I didn't even plan that comparison. I just saw it right in the middle of the lesson.)

3723. Jonathan read a book to me today. It was a repetive book about colors. "Red. Red. This is red." He was able to do the whole thing by himself. And OH, the excitement in his voice as he read. I wish I could have had it on video.

3722. Bethany liked her dinner. Ate a whole bunch.

3721. She's a funny one, that Bethany. Great excitement comes over her when exposed to anything musical. She danced with great delight along with Jonathan and Lainee today. And she is already starting to sing along to a Barney song... even gets one of the words right.

3720. And she likes to point to my cup of tea and say "tea!"

3719. And the boy child sings verses to songs in their entirety. It amazes me.

3718. He asked to do "homework" today, holding out one of his workbooks to me. I had him do a rhyming page. He gets it. Totally. I remember Lainee wanting to do the same things at his age but getting frustrated because rhyming made no sense to her. I guess having had that frustration with Lainee makes me appreciate it more that he gets it.

3717. The other thing he does: he blends words for Lainee. If he hears her make the sounds for c, a, and t, he will just blurt out "cat" before she even gets there.

3716. Joy abounding today during Lainee's math lesson when I gave her ten pennies and put price tags on a few items and asked her which ones she could buy with the money she had. Complete attention to her lesson. Smile on face. I'll take that.

No comments: