Sunday, December 31, 2006

4020

4020. A "thank you" from my son. For getting him some "really cold water."

4019. Hearing him say "this is so exciting." I don't even remember why he said it, but I can hear his voice in my head as if he were standing next to me right now.

4018. A new year.

4017. Somehow, God helped me to surpass my goal (my first one, AND my second) for this here blessin's blog.

4016. Found a cool new website that I'll likely be spending too much time reading.

4015. I didn't overeat today.

4014. Dinner consisted of three different leftovers. Take yer pick!

4013. A no hassle exchange at Blockbuster after I picked up (and paid for) the wrong movie... and brought it home and left it sitting on the kitchen table for about 6 hours until we decided to try watching the movie.

4012. Blockbuster was open until 10. On New Year's Eve!

4011. I was able to locate the fabric I'd been needing for a little project today. I'd seen it a few weeks ago at JoAnn, and went to fetch some (am I sounding ridiculously southern today? anyway...) I went to get some this afternoon. It wasn't on the shelf. I spied it sitting (or should I say "settin'"?) behind the cutting counter.

4010. We read a Bible story tonight about how Jesus said he'd be going to the Father in heaven and that anyone who was his friend would live there with him forever as well. Lainee asked if there were any people in the Bible who didn't want to be Jesus's friends. We said there were. She said, "I know. There was one man on the cross next to Jesus who wasn't his friend." That she remembered that all on her own was very cool.

4009. And we sang the "Little Honey's" song again.

4008. Making cookies with the kids. Everyone helped. And mom didn't go crazy!

4007. Shrimp with cocktail sauce that has a lot of horseradish.

4006. Buying shrimp for 10 cents each.

4005. Tonight, Lainee was crying about something and Bethany had a look of great concern on her face. I told Bethany to be kind and gentle to Lainee, suggesting that she give her a kiss on the head. Bethany leaned over the big chair Lainee was in to reach her head and gave her a kiss. Then she rubbed Lainee's head a little bit.

No comments: